|Recipes / Asian
Food / Malaysian
* 1 1/2 kg chicken - deboned and cut into bite size pieces
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
* 10 shallots - diced
* 1 stalk serai (lemon grass)
* 2 tsp cooking oil
* bamboo skewers (thick; to prevents sticks from burning soak skewers
in water overnight)
* 1 tsp cumin seeds
* 1 tsp coriander seeds
* 1 inch piece turmeric
* 2 tsp roasted peanuts
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 300 gm roasted peanuts - pounded
* 1 inch piece lengkuas (galangal)
* 2 stalks serai or lemongrass
* 1 inch piece ginger
* 1 large onion - sliced
* 3 tsp ground chillies
* 1/2 cup tamarind juice
* Salt and sugar to taste
Marinate chicken pieces with seasoning ingredients, shallots, cinnamon
powder and cooking oil.
Thread 5 pieces of chicken on each skewer and place on grill.
Brush chicken occassionally with oil until cooked and tender.
Serve hot with peanut sauce, cucumber and onion slices.
Fry onion silces till fragrant.
Add ground ingredients, ground chillies and tarmarind juice. Stir well.
Add salt and sugar.
Add peanuts and stir constantly until sauce is thick.