||Recipes / European
Food / Spanish
Grilled Shrimp Gazpacho
* 1 1/2 lbs 20 count shrimp, peeled and cleaned
* 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
* 1 purple onion, finely chopped
* 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
* 1 sweet red bell pepper seeded and chopped
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
* 2 tsp sugar
* Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
* Minced chipotle Peppers to taste
* 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 4 cups tomato juice
* Sour Cream for garnish
* Sliced Avacado for garnish
For: 8 servings
Combine all soup ingredients. Blend slightly, to desired consistency.
Place in non-metal, non-reactive storage container, cover tightly and
refrigerate overnight, allowing flavors to blend.
Skewar or place shrimp in a grill basket. Grill on high heat till just
done, about 90 seconds a side.
Spoon soup into small bowls, top with 4 or 5 shrimp in each bowl. Try
not to submerge them.
Serve with sliced avocado and sour cream for garnish.