|Recipes / Soup
Black Bean Soup
by Laura M.
* 3 tbsp Olive oil
* 1 small Yellow onion, chopped (1/2 cp)
* 2 small Garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tsp ground Cumin
* 1 large stalk Celery, chopped (3/4 cp)
* 1 largeCarrot, chopped (3/4 cp)
* 4 cps Chicken broth
* 3 15 1/2 oz cans Black beans, rinsed and drained
* Juice from 1 lime
* 1 tbsp Tomato paste
In large pot, heat the oil, onion, and garlic and cook until the vegetables
Stir in the cumin and cook 1 minute. Add celery, carrot, stock and beans.
Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in the lime juice and tomato paste.
To thicken soup, puree the beans in a blender.